BloombergNEF – Energy Transitions Intern - São Paulo
Posted Nov 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 121452
You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have ability to be able to communicate these to your audience. Teamwork is important to you, but you are also able to work in an independent manner. Then this is the job for you.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Energy Transitions team as an intern based in São Paulo. BNEF is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research in English on energy transition in a selection of markets across the globe for Climatescope 2024. The research will cover a broad range of qualitative and quantitative indicators related to decarbonization of power, transport and buildings sector. Indicators spam from policy mechanisms put in place by government, to the economic and operational conditions that make a market attractive to investors. Together these indicators will allow you to acquire a thorough understanding of each market which you will summarize in country overviews.
- Produce policy records and country overviews for your focus markets in English.
- As part of your work with the Climatescope team you will also contribute in bringing together research on 140 markets globally produced by analysts in 2024 to deliver the various products and analysis planned for this year’s release in 4Q.
- Assist the team with research about the global energy transition.
You need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for the energy transition; a desire to become an expert on the particular challenges and opportunities of operating in the clean energy sector.
- Good research and communication skills: research quantitative and qualitative data, sense of prioritization, good writing skills.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
We’d love to see:
- Advanced Spanish.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.