BloombergNEF – Latin America Research Intern - São Paulo
Posted Nov 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 121442
What’s the role:
You're one of those people who has a real passion for energy and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions and you have the ability to communicate these to your audience. Teamwork is important to you, but you are also able to work in an independent manner.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Latin America team as an intern based in São Paulo. BNEF is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We’ll trust you to:
- Conduct research in English, Spanish and Portuguese on renewable energy and decarbonization technologies across a range of Latin American markets.
- Conduct primary research and analysis on technology, economic and policy drivers affecting Latin American power markets.
- Bring together research to deliver the various products and analysis planned for 2024.
- Assist the team with research on regional energy transition.
- Assist in producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products prepared in English.
- Source data and information across diverse markets and sectors.
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for the energy transition; a desire to become an expert on the particular challenges and opportunities of operating in the clean energy sector.
- Good research and communication skills: research quantitative and qualitative data, sense of prioritization, good writing skills.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese and ability to conduct research in Spanish.
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Availability to work 6 hours a day during the 1.5/2 years of internship enrolled in a University based in São Paulo.
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Fluent or Advanced Spanish.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.