Commodities Data Analyst - Latin America
Posted Jun 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 104851
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Data Analyst on the Bloomberg Commodities Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Latin American databases to further deliver an industry-leading data product offering. You'll work in a hands-on and creative role executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the energy market, as well as key players in the industry.
You’ll also enhance the product’s data model, configure ETL pipelines, and contribute to a codebase of business rules to ensure that the product’s workflows deliver comprehensive, timely, and accurate data to power the Bloomberg Terminal while maintaining a knowledge of funds data through data processing and client engagement. Finally, you'll collaborate closely with both our Data counterparts and the Bloomberg Commodities Product team across the globe.
We'll trust you to:
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of Latin American data sets
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Use technologies to extract insight from large or complex data sets as needed to make informed business decisions about our datasets
- Leverage knowledge of the Commodities dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
- Build subject matter expertise to eventually set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and improve the quality of the data sets
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- A solid foundation or previous experiences with Python language
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python or SQL
- Knowledge of or professional experience in lithium-ion battery manufacturing, electronics engineering or supply chain analysis
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense or Splunk
- Experience with working with JSON formatted objects, Git and SQL
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment
- Experience using data visualization tools and dashboard creation
- Proficiency in Spanish
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.