Company Financials Analyst
Posted Mar 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 114901
Equities Data Analyst
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As an Equities Data Analyst you will use innovation and design thinking to help us protect, enhance and future proof our data. This will include influencing workflow efficiencies and implementing technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key players in the financial market.
Our Equities Data Analysts possess a unique combination of business insight and technical aptitude, as well as strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with various stakeholders. They use these skills, as well industry knowledge and content specialization to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms, playing a key role in empowering our clients to make well informed business decisions. Providing exceptional support assisting our clients with their data queries is a key part of the role.
The Companies Data team procures and provides market-leading data and is tasked with generating industry insights across a wide array of datasets that cover company financial information including the description of business activities, industry classification, equity fundamentals, broker estimates, ESG, supply chain, corporate events, company management and more. We partner closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales and News areas to create derived data products to support the numerous use cases that our clients heavily rely on to drive their workflows. A large amount of our work revolves around maintaining processes, developing deep knowledge of data content for all industries, and managing data pipelines to process data. Given the demand for the timeliness and quality of this data, our teams also support clients and their escalations ranging from confirmation queries to questions about calculations, analytics, etc. Our team also supports initiatives in the space of quality, process engineering, business intelligence and process analysis, and data modeling.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary company software.
- Provide timely and in-depth customer support for users of the Bloomberg Terminal and our associated Enterprise Products.
- Monitor financial market developments to build industry knowledge and data analytical capabilities that generate premium content, including data-driven news stories.
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set.
- Use statistics, data visualization, or programming skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements.
- Partner with a wide variety of teams ranging from Engineering to Sales on product development.
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Portuguese and English.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, or a related degree or equivalent experience; a Masters degree a plus!
- Professional experience in audit, assurance, corporate finance, and/or financial market research; 1-2 years of work in data analysis, financial market research, and/or information technology.
- A passion for data and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry.
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel.
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies.
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry.
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification.
- Intermediate or higher level of Spanish.
- Knowledge of python or other programming languages.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org