Data Product Manager
Posted Sep 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 118803
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Global Data we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish data which is the backbone of the Bloomberg Terminal. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
Our Bloomberg Fixed Income teams are responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds and loans being brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. In addition responsibilities include developing data validations, reviewing processes for efficiencies, and identifying opportunities to expand data sets. Our Fixed Income Data team also works closely with internal consumers of our data including News, Evaluated Pricing, and Index.
What’s the role?
The Data Product Manager will use their market knowledge and experience to deliver a data strategy and roadmap for our data offering. They will engage with clients to understand their business needs and partner with Data, Product and Engineering teams to build a comprehensive vision and data model. They will also define the data strategy and roadmap, analyze data gaps and opportunities, profile data content, and translate business needs into requirements for a data model.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for Data Products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients.
- Produce metrics that measure business impact and success.
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends.
- A BA/BS degree or higher in relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience
- 4-5 years’ experience of professional work experience in Data Product Ownership or related field.
- Proficiency in being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management.
- Ability to influence others and lead change.
- Experience with communicating and coordinating with internal/external groups to define project scope and meet project deliverables across the implementation process.
- Fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- An advanced degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance.
- Demonstrated ability in crafting systems for data processing, data modeling or APIs.
- Product Manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market.
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS).
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process.
- High attention to detail and degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charter holder.
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative modelling, or programming and applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as SQL, R, or Python.
- Solid ability to combine technical data science traits with good business insight.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org