Data Scientist - Global Data
Posted Feb 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 65085
Bloomberg runs on Data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And isolate, collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
We will trust you to:
- Acquire, process/update, maintain financial and economic data using various internal systems and proprietary company software in a timely manner
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concept, in collaboration with Data Engineers in other teams
- Ensure quality of data by performing quality checks on processed data, find ways to improve data quality and work process so that we can provide accurate and timely data to clients
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our data workflow systems
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, data modelling, economics, finance, business administration or similar technical background
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages-Python or R would be perfect, but ability and willingness to learn is paramount
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Fluency in English and Spanish or Portuguese
We’d love to see:
- Experience with data modeling and using relational databases for storage and analysis
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
- Knowledge of financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note only resumes submitted in English will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.