EM Markets Reporter
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113187
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg News is looking for a driven and highly collaborative reporter to cover the expanding group of emerging markets assets, with a focus on Latin America. The reporter will have the opportunity to help cover the region's bonds, currencies and stocks, as well as breaking news on debt restructurings and equity deals, reporting on the biggest investors in the region and on the impact on markets of shifting economic policies and volatile politics.
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO:
- Develop sourcing among investors, bankers, traders and lawyers to break news on debt restructurings, equity deals and relevant investment strategy moves at the biggest money managers in the region
- Be on top of market trends across asset classes
- Be ready to jump on coverage when market-moving news breaks
- Be a team player who collaborates with other reporters on the team, across beats and countries
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of four years of experience in business journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of the economy and financial markets in Latin America, in particular on the credit side
- A track record in breaking news and developing sourcing
- Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.