Economic Data Editor
Posted Feb 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 100524
We are looking for a data editor, based in South America to join the economic data news team. This person would be responsible for the coverage of economic indicators across the region and required to produce news stories, from breaking news headlines, short bullet point stories, tables, and long-form analysis.
Based in South America, the right candidate will have a proven track record for innovation in real time data and a passion for fast news coverage across borders.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage new and existing technology, focusing on the coverage of economic indicators across the region
- Develop solutions to improve the existing workflow for processing and editing data-focused stories, from breaking news to enterprise
- Research and implement different ways of systematically generating insights and visual assets from publicly available reports and Bloomberg internal data to supply the newsroom with smarter, faster, and more accurate material for reporting
- Rely on the expertise of fellow reporters, data editors and economists to identify gaps in coverage and to help shape ongoing efforts in the region
You’ll need to have:
- Background in Economics, Journalism, Finance, Math or another related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English as well as Portuguese or Spanish
- A desire to learn and to constructively question the status quo
- Experience in writing/editing short headlines and fast news stories
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving news environment
- Working knowledge of Python for web scraping and data science
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg terminal preferable
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.