Economics Data Analyst - Sao Paulo
Posted Jun 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 67578
You love the pace of the financial markets. You’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Economics team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for the provision of macro-economic datasets and data driven insights for Latin America. We seek to continue our role as the leading source of economic indicators and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex economic data or implementing technology based solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Economics Platform.
What's the role?
Joining the Global Data department in Sao Paulo means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to further develop your technological expertise and contribute towards improvement of in-house tools used by the Economics data team in their daily workflow. You will be encouraged to generate new ideas about database structure and development of Bloomberg internal and external functionality.
We will trust you to:
- Use your data handling knowledge to engineer and process the content required to provide Bloomberg users with timely and accurate data related to major economic releases as well as more granular data that drives financial markets.
- Develop research ideas on new datasets, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects.
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal stakeholders about in depth knowledge of macroeconomic statistics
- Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, Engineering and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the Economics product
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Python programming
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Good communication, presentation and networking skills
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
We'd love to see:
- Fluency or advanced knowledge of Spanish;
- Interest in learning Pandas, Numpy, and other relevant Python libraries
- Interest in machine learning and data modelling
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note only resumes submitted in English will be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.