Emerging Market Reporter - São Paulo, Mexico City or New York
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74088
Are you excited by the ebb and flow of stories from Argentina to Mexico and back? Would you love a wide-ranging mandate, covering assets from bonds and currencies to equities and more? Do you want to shape the coverage of global emerging markets with your sharp news sense?
If this sounds like you, please apply immediately for the emerging-market reporter in Latin America. The position requires a keen grasp of financial markets and their interconnections, the ability to recognize and identify market-moving news, and the analytical skills to look beyond immediate headlines and identify underlying shifts and trends for granular coverage of emerging markets. You will be also encouraged to look to market contacts, conferences, academic research and even Twitter to build on your expertise and keep your finger on the pulse of what gets our clients buzzing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide fast and concise stories on market flows and developments in global emerging markets with a focus on Latin America
- Provide coverage against the backdrop of local developments as well as in the context of global macroeconomic and political trends
- Utilize your broad contacts in the trader and investor community as well as develop new sources
- Discern actionable information from breaking news
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in the financial industry, cross-asset experience preferable
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
We'd love to see:
- A knowledge of Bloomberg's FX, bond functions and databases
- A fluency in English and also fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
*Resumes must be in English in order to be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.