Energy Data Analyst - Sao Paulo
Posted Mar 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 66308
Bloomberg is seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our Global Data team in Sao Paulo, focusing on the energy market. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing tricky financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery.
Global Data is the backbone of the Bloomberg Professional Service. As data analysts, we collect, analyze and present data that informs our clients' decisions. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis. The foundation runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into our solutions every second. We drive the content that makes Bloomberg the leading and most sought-after data source in the world.
We will trust you to:
- Source, maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to craft, organize and analyze data
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
- Work with engineering and technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
We’ll need you to:
- Have fluency in English and Portuguese
- Show passion for working in the energy industry
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Be quantitative-minded: be capable managing large datasets
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Have knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Have effective research and data analysis skills
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
We would love you to have:
- Effective project management skills
- Fluency in Spanish
- Recent work experience in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note only resumes submitted in English will be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.