Financial Data Internship - Sao Paulo
Posted Jun 1, 2018 - Requisition No. 67392
The world is drowning in data. Do you have the ability to navigate through and are you also passionate about the financial markets? You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You love the challenge of solving complex problems. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing tricky financial data or writing Python code to improve our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our platform. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our team as a Global Data Intern (Estágio)!
We will trust you to:
- Work across market sectors to automate our current daily activities;
- Develop expertise in dynamic market sector information;
- Help develop and implement methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes;
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data to craft, organize and analyze data;
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects.
You'll need to have:
- Living/Studying in Sao Paulo
- Fluency in English
- Effective research and data analysis skills
- Strong Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge of Python programming;
- Keen interest in financial markets (though experience or finance qualification not required);
- Able to work 6 hours per day for the 1-2 years while in school/university
We would love to see:
- Fluency or advanced knowledge of Spanish;
- Interest in learning Pandas, Numpy, and other relevant Python libraries
- Interest in machine learning
- Resumes must be in English in order to be considered
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Why Bloomberg? Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.