Financial Sustainability Market Specialist
Posted Dec 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 122009
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
The Market Specialist team within Financial Solutions serves as the financial market and workflow experts at Bloomberg. The team has deep asset class knowledge, deep understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales focused role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and implement strategies to retain, maintain, and grow revenue. Engagement with key financial players across the front, middle and back-office are vital in this role. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding, client focused environment.
What's the role?
As a Market Specialist, you will leverage your extensive experience to drive growth and change at Bloomberg, the global leader in business and financial analytics, news, and data. Comprised of former analysts, portfolio managers, traders, salespeople and more, our team within Bloomberg Financial Solutions serves as the de facto asset class and market experts at Bloomberg! By engaging with our clients and collaborating closely across our Sales and Product teams, we build and execute on strategies to impact revenue and advance Bloomberg forward.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of environmental, social, and corporate governance investing in concert with Bloomberg’s product and sales teams to maintain and generate revenue across our Terminal franchise and our wide range of enterprise businesses, such as data, index, and portfolio risk & analytics.
- Understand market dynamics, trends and regulations and the impact of these on our clients to help determine Bloomberg’s strategic direction.
- Engage with clients to identify their needs and translate our solutions into business opportunities.
- Build and maintain influential relationships with senior-level contacts and decision makers.
- Provide concrete feedback and expertise to business managers to help shape the direction of our products.
- Develop and implement new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact.
- Be the face of ESG at Bloomberg both internally and externally by leading trainings, running campaigns, and speaking at events.
- 10+ years of professional experience and a minimum of 5+ years of practical ESG experience.
- Technical understanding of equity and/or credit markets and rich experience in ESG research and investing.
- Experience with regulations related to ESG, sustainable finance, and climate change; as wells as the global trends influencing regulatory adoption.
- Expertise in ESG concepts related to scoring and estimates, climate risk, and biodiversity.
- Experience with the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms.
- A collaborative approach and ability to operate within departmental and company-wide initiatives in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles.
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey sophisticated ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English.
- Spanish is desirable.
- Live in Sao Paulo and willingness to travel across Latin America and to United States.
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese languages will be an advantage.
- An extensive network of deep client relationships.
- Experience with a range of financial data and analysis platforms and applications.
Does this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.