Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103297
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Funds team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after centralized information for many different markets, following high speed and quality standards.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the coverage of funds incorporated in Latin America. As a Funds Analyst, you will develop your knowledge about the financial sector, funds specific market’s nuances, data analyses and management, and programming concepts.
You will be expected to have great influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Funds market, whether that is thought market expertise, project management, leadership or routines automation. You will be responsible for the data, its quality and the expansion of the Latin America funds database, and to build and manage relationships with Bloomberg News, Sales, Product and other internal and external clients as you support their needs with funds and financial data expertise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality funds data using various internal systems, proprietary company software and your own automation knowledge
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Monitor different Latin American countries to identify themes or trends that might affect Bloomberg’s funds coverage
- Manage significant data analysis as part of your day-to-day activities
- Interact and assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Participate and manage large and complex data projects related to Funds data sets
- Develop subject-matter expertise in a wide funds market coverage
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Advanced Spanish
- Solid experience with the funds market and strong knowledge of the key concepts for this product
- Detail oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.