Funds Data Analyst - Technical Account Manager
Posted Jul 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 117644
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg’s Funds Data team is looking for a technical account manager to join its growing team in São Paulo, Brazil. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics, that the team supports from creation. The Funds team works with content partners such as asset managers, exchanges, and regulatory bodies to ensure that the funds markets in Latin America are represented on the Bloomberg Terminal and related products. As part of the team, you’ll work alongside a Team Leader and other technical account managers to support the region, enhance onboarding workflows and procedures, and manage fund profiles throughout their launch and investing period. This includes, but is not limited to, configuring ETL pipelines, communicating with contributors to ensure proper data ingestion from fund inception, and contributing business rules and quality workflows to ensure high data accuracy. This is in addition to maintaining and growing a knowledge of funds data process and client engagement.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality funds data using various internal systems, proprietary company software and your own automation knowledge.
- Work with subject matter experts to enrich the funds data using technical tools.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions.
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal.
- Leverage knowledge of the funds dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline. 2+ years of experience working as a data analyst or in the asset management and/or finance industry.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- An interest in data management.
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions.
- Advanced or fluent level in English.
- Experience with the Funds Market, a sales role, and/or strong knowledge of the key concepts for this product.
- Willingness and desire to collaborate and engage in mentorship. Proficiency with Git, SQL, and Python.
- Relevant certifications such as the CFA, CAIA.
- Advanced Spanish level in English.
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you, apply! If you meet some but not all of the criteria listed above, we'd love to have you apply and see if you're a fit for any of our open roles. If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.