Funds Data Analyst
Posted Nov 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 98009
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Funds team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after centralized information for many different markets, following high speed and quality standards.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the coverage of funds incorporated in Latin America, focusing primarily on Brazil. As a Funds Analyst, you will develop your knowledge about the financial sector, funds specific market’s nuances, data analyses and management, and programing concepts.
You will be expected to have great influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Funds market, whether that is thought market expertise, project management, leadership or routines automation. You will be responsible for the data, its quality and the expansion of the Latin America funds database, and to build and manage relationships with Bloomberg News, Sales, Product and other internal and external clients as you support their needs with funds and financial data expertise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality funds data using various internal systems, proprietary company software and your own automation knowledge
- Monitor different Latin American countries to identify themes or trends that might affect Bloomberg’s funds coverage
- Manage significant data analysis as part of your day-to-day activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Interact and assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Participate and manage large and complex data projects related to Funds data sets
- Develop subject-matter expertise in a wide funds market coverage
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Solid experience with the funds market and strong knowledge of the key concepts for this product
- Detail oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think critically in improving and developing products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Any level of Spanish
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.