Funds Data Specialist
Posted May 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 75203
You love the pace of the financial markets. You’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Funds team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for the provision of datasets and data driven insights for Latin America. We seek to continue our role as the leading source of financial data and analysis.
Whether you are reaching out to clients, regulators and your overseas peers, sourcing new data, implementing technology based solutions, or managing our database, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Funds Platform.
What's the role?
Joining the Global Data department in Sao Paulo means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you about our current Funds database, contacts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to develop and maintain new relationships with our Funds clients and data source providers such as regulators or banks, to also contribute with your market expertise towards improvement of in-house tools and workflows. You will be encouraged to generate new ideas about database structure and product coverage to enhance Bloomberg’s internal and external functionality.
We will trust you to:
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers of the Funds product.
- Liaise with Business Managers, Sales, and clients to further develop the relationship and cooperation between the Funds product and our clients
- Develop the strategy and vision of the product, manage strategic initiatives to completion, as well as identify and implement improvements to workflow.
- Ensure the quality and consistence of our database as well as expanding it
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Good communication, presentation and networking skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Prior knowledge about the Funds market
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
We'd love to see:
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish;
- Interest in learning Python Language
- Prior work experience relevant to the Funds Market
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note only resumes submitted in English will be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.