We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You’re accountable and relied on for mitigating difficult situations, often leading by example.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
The Benefits & Shared Services Specialist in Sao Paulo will manage benefit programs and facilitate critical employee lifecycle transactions across Latin America. From offering excellent benefits, to on-boarding new hires into the company, to coordinating global mobility and working closely with external vendors, our aim is simple- to provide a seamless, platinum level of support to our colleagues and businesses.
What’s the role?
You will have the unique opportunity to be a member of our Human Resources Enterprise team, taking on broad responsibilities across several disciplines, including Benefits and Global People Services (GPS), Bloomberg’s HR shared services team, across the Latin America (LATAM) region. You’ll be a key member of global team.
You’ll manage the analysis and administration of the local health, wealth, work/life and wellness benefit programs and policies. You’ll work closely with the global benefits team and manage local benefit providers.Additionally, you’ll execute all frontline HR processes as they pertain to employees in the region. You will provide consultation to employees on topics that cover a full range of HR-related programs and policies, including relocations, flexible work arrangements and leaves of absence. You’ll have the opportunity to build a network across the different centers of excellence in HR and across the GPS team globally.
Additionally, you’ll be asked to identify opportunities to enhance the service provided by GPS and ultimately implement changes.You will use your strong relationship management, analytical and project management skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and develop benefit policies and programs across LATAM, ensuring proper consideration is given to market practice, local legislation and any local employee consultation requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues in our Benefits Operations and Payroll teams to ensure operational and administrative processes are effective and help to identify and implement process improvements.
- Review and update records for benefit program compliance (for example, statutory payroll/tax reporting)
- Vendor management - build relationships and manage vendors/programs on a day-to-day basis including contracting, service delivery, payment, metrics and reporting.
- Provide critical issue support to HR colleagues and employees in the region addressing concerns and issues in line with our cultural values.
- Lead on the wellness agenda for the region, select vendors, and oversee delivery of on-site programs to ensure alignment with the wellness program goals and philosophy.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the benefits landscape and industry best practices- Monitor, analyze and research utilization reports and trends for benefit programs
- Provide accurate and timely resolution of general employee inquiries, including updating and resolving internal tickets according to defined SLAs
- Respond to telephone inquiries and direct employees to resources as needed, provide policy interpretation & navigation support
- Guide employees in navigating through employee self-service and manager self-service functionality in Workday and troubleshoot non-technical inquires
- Partner with functional areas to support employee inquiries related to all HR programs
- Provide high touch customer service that meets expected service levels and business performance goals
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written; Spanish skills are also a plus
- Previous experience administering benefits and/or policies and working with vendors
- Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously
- A willingness to get involved in details; strong collaboration and execution skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Creativity and flexibility, dependability and time management- Ability to analyze reports, and participate in technical problem resolution
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to provide first-class customer service
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skill
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status