Indirect Tax Analyst- São Paulo
Posted Aug 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 68639
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation-which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Our Accounting Operations team in Sao Paulo is looking for a Tax Analyst. On any given day you’ll lead Bloomberg’s Brazilian statutory indirect tax, be responsible for fiscal book keeping for inbound and outbound including revision and classification of invoices, handle billing processes, take responsibilities for invoice accounting entries, analyze and execute - to industry standards - documentation for foreign trade operations, run fixed asset controls including classification, maintain oversight for depreciation and reconciliation, conduct calculations of indirect taxes as ICMS, ICMS ST, IPI, PIS/COFINS, manage withholding, reconciliation and elaboration of tax books and take ownership for submission of ancillary obligations.
You’ll use your solid experience that has been built in the tax area to define and implement fresh ideas and you’ll work closely with many different groups across Bloomberg external parties and consultants to ensure that all parts of our organization are aligned to achieve our core tax objectives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership, execute and monitor Brazilian tax process considering an end to end approach for various work streams
- Conduct local/regional reporting and controls
- Run tax reconciliation process and analysis with high level of details and accuracy
- Assume responsibility for Legal disputes following up on pending items to get CNDs and respond to public authorities
- Partner with consultants for tax planning
- Stay on top of legislation and fiscal changes - every day - which could impact the organization
- Collaborate and consult with our IT teams for ERP customization to attend local requirements
- Provide exemplary internal customer support on fiscal matters;
- Lead internal and external audits
- Demonstrate your full knowledge of fiscal SPED
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- A CPA
- Strong monitoring skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Validated skills in presenting in English and Portuguese
- In depth knowledge about Brazilian indirect tax and end to end monthly tax close and controls
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- The ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing environment on tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritizing skills and sense of urgency
- 5-7 years of experience in Indirect Tax
- Significant career experience in Service Business
- Knowledge on local SPED filings, reviews and reconciliation
We’d love to see:
- SAP and Mastersaf system skills
- Fluency in Spanish
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
**Resumes must be in English in order to be considered.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.