Indirect Tax Representative
Posted Jul 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 92574
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation-which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Latam Finance Operations team in Sao Paulo is looking for a Latin America Senior Indirect Tax Specialist. On any given day you'll lead Bloomberg's Latin America countries statutory indirect tax, be responsible for fiscal review and controls including revision and tax classification of invoices, conduct detailed and complex calculations of indirect taxes as Value Added Tax (VAT),all aspects of Withholding Taxes accros Latin America countries (Argentina,Mexico,Colombia,Chile,Peru,Venezuela and other Central America countries), other additional indirect Taxes specifics of each country, reconciliations,ERP (SAP) clearings and actions on aging items identified, ownership for submission of ancillary tax obligations. You will work closely with the Bloomberg Indirect Tax advisory team based in London on all legislative changes that impact Bloomberg in Latin America. With a keen focus on electronically supplied services (‘ESS’) rule change implementations that are impacting the region.
You'll use your solid experience that has been built in the tax area to define and implement fresh ideas and you'll work closely with many different groups across Bloomberg external parties and consultants to ensure that all parts of our organization are aligned to achieve our core tax objectives.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership, execute and monitor Latin America tax processes and filing obligations considering an end to end approach for various work streams
- Conduct local/regional reporting and controls
- Run tax reconciliation process and analysis with high level of details and accuracy
- Assume responsibility for Legal disputes following up on pending items and respond to public tax authorities
- Partner with consultants for tax planning
- Stay on top of legislation and fiscal changes -every day -which could impact the organization
- Collaborate and consult with our IT teams for ERP customization to attend local requirements
- Provide exemplary internal customer support on fiscal matters;
- Lead internal and external audits related to indirect tax details and responsibilities
- Demonstrate your full knowledge of tax compliance and lead assessments and analysis with external consultants. You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting (mandatory)
- Strong monitoring skills and attention to detail including strutured and planning approach
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Validated skills in presenting in English and Portuguese
- In depth knowledge about indirect tax and end to end monthly tax close and controls
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- The ability to multi-task and work in a rapidly changing environment on tight deadlines
- Excellent prioritizing skills and sense of urgency
- 5-7 years of experience in Indirect Tax
- Significant career experience in Service Business
- Knowledge of taxon local reconciliation We'd love to see:
- SAP and Mastersaf system skills
- Fluency in Spanish Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients --and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.