LATAM Payroll Analyst
Posted Sep 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 108258
Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen, and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the role:
We're looking for an experienced Payroll specialist to join our Brazil Payroll Team based in our Sao Paulo office. You'll be responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance of our LATAM monthly (outsourced) payroll processes. You'll be reviewing and auditing variety of Bloomberg data transactions, working on file exchanges between internal and external vendors and conducting systems reconciliations to ensure accurate E-Social file submissions and compliance in tax withholding and filing obligations. You'll have responsibility for calculating wage payments, ensuring tax compliance and researching and resolving data issues. You'll also monitor and lead data submission and mandatory requirements according to local compliance calendars. The position requires a highly organized, responsive, and flexible candidate that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
You're a highly organized, analytical and motivated professional who is focused on controls with strong ability to provide accurate and timely results. You're detail oriented and have strong follow up skills. You don't mind working in a fast paced environment, with having to reprioritize priorities to achieve deadlines. You'll enjoy building professional rapport and liaising across Bloomberg with colleagues in Global Payroll, HR, Global People Services, Recruiting as well as leading relationships with third parties and consultants.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain and build a high level of customer service with Bloomberg employees
- Communicate and advise on compensation, legislation, benefits and tax related issues.
- Generate reports to review payroll and HR activities subject to E-Social requirements.
- Reconcile data to align and ensure that we have data integrity
- Maintain and build relationships with vendors including payroll, tax and benefits providers
- Efficient administration of monthly payrolls including the auditing of payroll results
- Administration of payroll related details on our HR/Payroll system
- Accurate transmission of banking payments, including payments reconciliation
- Respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Work on special projects as needed
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- Keep up to date and continue building knowledge of relevant changes relating to E-Social and Payroll
- Validate files provided by Bloomberg and 3rd party vendors
- Communicate and make recommendations for process improvements.
What's in it for you:
- You’ll work with great colleagues across Bloomberg departments in Latin America and the US
- You'll live and breathe Bloomberg's dynamic environment and contribute to creating processes
- We offer generous benefits and organized volunteerism
- We'll invest in your career and will help you expand your skills
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Brazil payroll or compensation accounting; E-Social experience will be considered as a significant plus.
- A working knowledge of LATAM payroll legislation, practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices and auditing
- Bachelors degree - ideally in Accounting, Finance, Economics - or relevant professional qualifications
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to research and resolve inquiries, and seek solutions
- Written and oral fluency in English and Portuguese with a track record of using English in a professional, international environment
- Conversational Spanish preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities and strong sense of urgency - Ability to work closely within a global team
- Strong Excel skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.