Latin America Accounts Payable Team Leader
Posted Jun 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 104120
The Latin America Accounts Payable team is a part of the Bloomberg Global Accounting Operations department. Our team is based in Sao Paulo and is responsible for the end-to-end process for all supplier payments, taxes, and other operational payments for the entire Latin America region. In addition, we have several projects, controls, and technology enhancements as part of the challenges of this role.
You’re one of those people who:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Team Leader for our Latin America region working from our Sao Paulo office that will strategically lead all operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance through research, development and administration of Account Payables policies and operating procedure. You will be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgement and solutions based on analytical thought.
You must portray leadership skills, strong work ethics and can motivate others through your vision, energy and self-confidence. You don’t settle for status quo – continuously challenging yourself and others. You should possess a strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done.
You will lead a team that is committed to delivering payments to all suppliers in a timely manner. They are focused on meeting compliance rules, protecting Bloomberg and its suppliers from fraud as well as delivering first-class customer service.
Process & Systems
You must effectively use the current technology. Execute operational control within your daily activities always thinking on how to mitigate any potential risk. Effectively manage people ensuring departmental targeted SLAs are met. Be knowledgeable of all AP processes and technologies to better partner with our different stakeholders.
We trust you to:
- Manage, mentor and evaluate performance of the Accounts team while supporting their ongoing development and training.
- Collaborate and establish relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Ensure compliance, best practice and proper controls
- Ensure metrics targets and high accuracy rate are met
- Provide operational solutions, promoting team customer service and supplier satisfaction
- Provide escalation point for supplier issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work with international contacts ensure consistency in policy and procedures are met
- Recommend system and process improvements
You need to have:
- Leadership Experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience in customer service & Accounts Payable (mandatory).
- Fluent English and Portuguese
- Advanced Spanish skills
- Previous experience with SAP system.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in accordance with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to interface with corporate decision makers.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent Communication, presentation and collaboration skills
We'd love to see:
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal and people management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.