Latin America Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer
Posted Dec 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 112172
Bloomberg Global Facilities Department is seeking a Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer based within the Latin America Facilities Infrastructure Team to support critical infrastructure systems across multiple sites!
What’s the Role:
You will support the critical infrastructure systems within the node sites and corporate offices as required. This is a hands on role for a highly technical and experienced engineer. The Facilities MEP Infrastructure Engineer will report directly to the Critical Infrastructure Manager.
Responsibilities include maintenance, operation and repair of the Facilities as it pertains to Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems. The individual will also be responsible for managing and supporting Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) projects. The individual will also provide onsite attendance as required for planned and emergency events supporting these Facilities.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related subject area or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Critical Facilities and environments.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Systems.
- Experience with Project Management of Critical Infrastructure and Systems upgrades, replacements and repairs.
- Experience and knowledge within a critical environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems.
- Experience and Knowledge with Building System and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems and Operations.
- Experience and Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) Systems and Processes.
- Experience and Knowledge of all critical systems documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals.
- Experience and Knowledge with documentation techniques including Method of Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Root Cause Analysis and Change Management.
- Experience with Change Management processes including procedural developments and risk assessments.
- Coordination with Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internal departments.
- Manage and supervise all Ticketing and Reporting Systems.
- Responsible for site safety and environmental compliance. Ensure the nodes and corporate offices align with all local, state, and federal health and safety requirements.
- Development and management of Data Center budget for maintenance, repairs, capital and general operating costs.
- Manage and approve vendor purchase orders, invoices and cost tracking utilizing industry best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- On-call 24x7 for incident management and emergency response.
- Willingness to travel to locations in Latin America.
- Proficient in English, Portuguese and Spanish Languages
- Proficiency and understanding of Information Technology (IT) Systems including telecom networks, switches, routers, servers, storage, cabling systems.
- Extensive knowledge of building communication protocols, IP Address and configuration in critical environments.
- Sustainability / LEED experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
We’d Love to See:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.