Latin America Fixed Income Data Team Leader
Posted Jul 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 117752
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Global Data we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish data which is the backbone of the Bloomberg Terminal. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
Our Bloomberg Fixed Income teams are responsible for the timely and accurate entry of new bonds and loans being brought to market, secondary market review and updates, as well as extensive client facing support. In addition responsibilities include developing data validations, reviewing processes for efficiencies, and identifying opportunities to expand data sets. Our Fixed Income Data team also works closely with internal consumers of our data including News, Evaluated Pricing, and Index.
What’s the role?
The Bloomberg Latin America Fixed Income group is looking for a highly motivated and driven Team Leader to cover the data management, quality control and data processes that drive our corporate, government and corporate actions product. You will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of data analysts based in São Paulo and Mexico City.
We’ll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of data analysts who will be experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, and project management.
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow and operational efficiencies.
- Set strategy and manage the product’s development roadmap by demonstrating good project management skills and partnering with Engineering, Core Product, Enterprise and other various stakeholders to achieve results.
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal.
- Lead large-scale programs (technical and operational) with enterprise-wide influence through effective program governance, cross-team organization, dependency, risk and issue management, and leadership engagement.
- Demonstrate experience interpreting fixed income documentation, understanding of finance and themes in the market.
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions.
You’ll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within your previous or current role.
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing superior service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision.
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team.
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of financial data.
- Understanding of fixed income funding markets with knowledge of Latin American domestic markets, money markets, IG/HY bonds and IG/Lev Loans desirable.
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies.
- Track record of driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others.
- Live in Sao Paulo and willingness to travel across Latin America.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English. Spanish fluency will be an advantage.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.