Market Specialist - Fixed Income (São Paulo)
Posted Oct 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 110333
The Market Specialist team serves as the financial markets & workflow experts at Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be collaborating with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
Comprised of former portfolio managers, analysts, risk managers and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Use your market experience to pro-actively act as a sales and technical consultant to advance and close Sales processes, increase product adoption and also protect the business (terminal and Enterprise solutions);
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them;
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers;
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision-makers;
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product in the Fixed Income space through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients;
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Speak at Bloomberg and third-party events about technical matters related to financial markets in the region;
- Utilize industry events and writing content to market our product;
- Educate the sales force through internal trainings and seminars.
- 10+ years of practical experience in Interest Rates and Fixed Income with a theoretical knowledge on fixed income securities valuation including bonds, loans and derivatives such as IR Futures, Options and Swaps;
- A good understanding of Fixed Income portfolio management and risk tools;
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality;
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small;
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure;
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English. Spanish is desirable;
- Live in Sao Paulo and willingness to travel accross Latin America and to United States.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese languages will be an advantage
- Portfolio management experience, particularly in a Latin American country
- Good knowledge of FI Markets
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Demonstrated sales ability, experience in managing business relationships with customers
- Experience working cross functionally with several departments
You'll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.