Market Specialist - Regulators & Product
Posted Sep 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 108501
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
The Market Specialist team support our Sales teams serving as subject matter experts within Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By evangelising the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company.
Comprised of former portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Utilizes your strong market and industry trends knowledge, technical skills, and knowledge to assisting in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise tools.
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients. Use your or create new key relationships at Central Banks, financial market regulators and related institutions to provide internal insights of medium to long term trends, influence the developement or enhancement of existing solutions and be a focal point within Sales and the market specialists group for these institutions.
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this effects both Bloomberg internally as well as our clients.
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals.
- Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies.
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals.
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 7 years of practical experience working across financial services, particularly former experience with fixed income and derivatives.
- Good understanding of how the financial market is structured. The role of each institution, how regulation applies and the willingness to be updated with new norms.
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business.
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales.
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A willingness to travel across Latin America (5-7 nights a month) as required in order to cover the territory and provide clients with a premier service.
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English.
- Fluent Portuguese is required, Spanish is desired.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.