Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 103021
Bloomberg News is looking for a talented, versatile and passionate journalist to join our Portuguese language team based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Bloomberg is one of the world's biggest financial news organizations, leading the way in covering financial markets. Our team's core focus is to be on top of the main markets trends -- following everything that impacts the real, swap rates and stocks, helping our local audience stay ahead of the curve.
You will be responsible for covering a variety of subjects, from the daily asset moves to Brazil Central Bank decisions. You will have the ability to produce fast and accurate content in a short format to quickly explain what is going on markets, using your sharp news judgement. You will also be able to deliver insightful long format stories, and exclusive interviews with big news makers. You will thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and be open to experimenting on new ideas and formats.
While the role will primarily focus on Portuguese-language stories, you will also be expected to work with counterparts across the newsroom, including those working in English, helping with translations of some of our best global stories.
We'll trust you to:
- Write and edit both short and long form content about Brazil's local markets
- Generate story ideas on emerging trends by tapping into your knowledge and network
- Understand the demands of Bloomberg's Portuguese-language readers and the optimal way to present information to satisfy their needs
- Stay on top of major news stories and trends that matter to market participants
- Be a flexible, and dependable team player, who can jump from topic to topic and switch gears as new priorities emerge
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the bureau and the newsroom
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Minimum four years of experience covering financial and business news
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong financial markets knowledge
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.