Pricing Analyst - Brasil Fertilizer Products
Posted Jul 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 92002
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for a Brasil Fertilizer Pricing Analyst to join a growing market research team.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across fertilizer product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables fertilizer professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance.
Green Markets has recently expanded its industry coverage to include the fertilizer market in Brasil. Through the “Green Markets Brasil” weekly market report, the business provides detailed insight on fertilizer pricing trends and market conditions. The product is sold to market participants including fertilizer manufacturers, distributors, cooperatives, and agricultural producers.
What’s the role?
The Brasil Fertilizer Pricing Analyst continually develops and manages an existing network of industry participants representing buyers and sellers of fertilizer, as well as market intermediaries. Following specific guidelines the analyst regularly engages with and gathers data from market participants to develop high-confidence, proprietary price assessments for fertilizer products within regional markets in Brasil.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network within the Brasil fertilizer industry to undertake price discovery and ascertain market developments. The role requires communicating with market participants, learning/knowing/uncovering market trends and developments, and synthesizing this information to develop proprietary pricing intelligence and market reports to be used by a variety of market constituents.
You will be responsible for sourcing market sentiment information, reacting to feedback from clients and company stakeholders, and managing ad-hoc projects that are part of the overall product strategy. Your industry knowledge will also play a central part in the marketing of any product launch.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing, buying or selling fertilizer products in Brasil
- Expert understanding of fertilizer pricing dynamics, influences and mechanisms
- Credible knowledge of the Brasil fertilizer market and/or a strong understanding of the companies operating in this industry
- Superlative communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship development skills
- Analytical and information gathering skills combined with the ability to develop written conclusions on market pricing trends
- English proficiency
We’d love to see:
- A passion for understanding the nuances of the Brasil fertilizer industry
- Interest in continuous learning and expanding fertilizer industry knowledge base
- Ability to assimilate and transform gathered market intelligence into narrative market reporting
- Manage and further develop a proprietary network to source Brasil fertilizer prices and market sentiment
- Work within a pricing discovery process provided to you by Bloomberg that includes:
- Use of salesforce automation software that simplifies and organizes network development; provides activity tracking using established methods and best practices
- Use of a source and pricing data tracking tool to organize data and provide transparency of network/source feedback
- Use of Bloomberg email systems
- Operate within established ethical guidelines to be provided
- Obtain current market prices and provide written market sentiment narrative on Brasil fertilizer products
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.