Purchasing Internship (São Paulo)
Posted Aug 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 76969
Your friends all look at you as their go-to problem-solving friend. You naturally think strategically and creatively. You like nothing more than to work with a team and to learn new things. You are a person who has excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
Here at Bloomberg we don't have a classic corporate culture. It's a mix of tech, finance and media. Our hierarchy is horizontal, and we all sit together. We love what we do, and doing it with each other. Partnering with different teams we will trust you to ensure data accuracy and integrity when interfacing with our system(s).
The Global Purchasing Operations Department is looking for a procurement intern to join our team. As the Purchasing intern, you will provide procurement operational support to various lines of businesses.
We collaborate with our internal clients, gather buying requirements, and create purchase orders in a timely manner and in compliance with our processes and policies.
We support category managers, sourcing specialists and our internal clients to identify buying channel opportunities and potential cost savings.
We partner with Accounts Payable as well as vendors to ensure expedite deliveries, timely payments, and handle purchase order change requests.
We will trust you to:
- Achieve customer satisfaction through timely purchase order processing (for both the LatAm and N. America regions)
- Process, review and release approval purchase orders to suppliers across various technology and non-technology commodities.
- Be able to handle a rapidly changing environment while working diligently
- Set up and validate new vendors on SAP
- Customer service focus on resolving invoices issues for Latam and North America region.
- Upload contract on our system and on the shared drive.
You need to have:
- Fluency in English
- Be a strong team player with great people skills (communication, collaboration, integrity)
- Excel, Word and Power Point experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work 6 hours per day for the 1-2 years while in school/university
- Fluency or advanced knowledge of Spanish is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
* Resumes must be in English in order to be considered *
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.