Senior Accounting Specialist
Posted Jul 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 117568
You're the type of person who is comfortable in a dynamic environment and isn't afraid to roll up your sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. You naturally bring energy and passion to everything you do.
On any given day we will expect for you to manage the local regional accounting close (end to end process), accounting and tax controls, local and USGAAP reconciliations as well as all reporting needs. You will be expected to perform financial and balance sheet/PNL analysis and to support regional audits. We need for you to have solid experience that has been built in the accounting area with a very seasoned approach. In addition, you will need to collaborate. You will work with many different groups inside and outside of Bloomberg; including the accounting team in NY (Corporate), third parties and consultants.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain excellent problem solving, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Perform and monitor regional accounting close process (end to end), perform local/regional reporting and controls.
- Perform regional reconciliation process and financial analysis with highlevel of details and accuracy.
- Work with members of the team on the delivery of goals and metrics for the performance review process.
- Deal directly with consultants and SAP NY team in order to manage projects and regional initiatives-Develop strategic initiatives aimed at business goals.
- Manage local compliance regarding accounting and systems requirements-Provide advising regarding accounting and control matters.
- Perform accounting and financial analysis for senior and corporate audience.
- A Bachelor's degree (BA or Accounting).
- A CPA (mandatory).
- Proven SAP system skills-Strong monitoring skills.
- Proven management and presentation skills (English and Portuguese).
- In depth knowledge about local accounting and end to end monthly close and controls (Latam is a plus).
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.