São Paulo AV Event Technician/On Site Technical Support
Posted Sep 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 109154
Through our services and applications, Workplace Operations & Supply Chain provide an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state-of-the-art offices around the world. We are a close-knit, hardworking team that relies upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide. Those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well and where we can develop.
Bloomberg's Audio-Visual team touches every business unit and every service offering within the organization. It’s the primary resource utilized to facilitate real time face to face communication and enables remote location collaboration. Audio Visual is utilized everywhere and will need to be accessible anywhere to ensure smooth outcomes in your day to day. We also deliver outstanding service during onsite events on a local and global scale. Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories: AV Event execution, Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure and Onsite Technical Support.
What’s the role?
We are seeking an experienced AV Event technician to join Bloomberg’s workplace operations events team in our growing São Paulo office. This role is a combination of technical event execution, AV infrastructure maintenance and technical escalation support. You’ll be primarily tasked with planning and executing AV events within Bloomberg’s offices. This includes both setting up conference rooms and training rooms as well as higher profile events in our auditorium event spaces. When not executing events, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our conference rooms, AV event spaces, digital signage and high-level tech support needs. This can include assisting our help desk and on-site support teams with high ticket volumes. A top candidate will have extensive experience operating AV equipment during live events, maintaining AV infrastructure and providing best of class customer service to our internal and external stake holders. We are a company that rewards those who aren’t afraid to work outside of their comfort zone and are enthusiastic when asked to assist other departments.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide best in class customer service
- Have solid experience as a Live event technician
- Be comfortable working on high profile events including vision/audio Mixing, camera framing, lighting, floor managing, racking cameras, and a good solid understanding of sophisticated AV events systems.
- Have a broad understanding of all aspects of corporate AV needs.
- Join our service desk during periods of high volume
- Be confident working independently, in fast-paced dynamic environment involving live events, IPTV, video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Webex, MS Teams, etc.), training room management and general infrastructure support.
- Demonstrate experience completing technical installation of AV technology, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of Crestron systems.
- Trouble-shoot sophisticated audio, video, switching and control systems problems required.
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and English
- A steadfast demeanor towards customer service
- A highly motivated, self-driven, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and enthusiasm when assisting our service desk and support teams with trouble tickets.
- Experience within Event Management - work with event's team to ensure each and every event goes efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding technical/troubleshooting skills
- Experience with working for celebrities and c-suite executives
- Knowledge of Digital Signage, video processors, Crestron systems and corporate AV equipment.
- Solid grasp of video conference tools and troubleshooting (Zoom, Webex, MS Teams, Vidyo, etc)
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to build a fully functional AV system including video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices
- Flexibility in work hours, dictated by event schedule and business needs. Some travel required.
We’d love to see:
- Audio DSP, video processing, control system platform certifications (i.e. Biamp, Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron, AVIXA)
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies
- Complete solid understanding of today's AV technology
- Ability to respond to changes in a short time frame
- Valuing being a part of a best in class service team
- Examples of completed projects and provide positive references
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.