Company Financials Analyst (Korean Speaker) - Korea
Posted May 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 116322
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. The Bloomberg Data department is responsible for acquiring, interpreting and delivering data insights to our clients. The Data teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
The Company Financials Data teams are responsible for managing companies’ actual data and estimate consensus data for key performance indicators and critical financial metrics for global companies. This is done by aggregating, normalizing and standardizing data from sources including exchanges and financial firms in order to ensure data is delivered timely, accurately and comprehensively, which fuels the Bloomberg Terminal, API and Enterprise. This includes but not limited to: Financial Analysis (FA), Models (MODL), Estimates (EEO), Analyst Recommendations (ANR), and all company financials data which feeds downstream into other applications.
Using innovative, collaborative, and customer focused approaches to data extraction, aggregation, and standardization, Company Financials Data analysts use technical aptitude and company financial data subject matter expertise in building a comprehensive client experience across the product offering. This includes and is not limited to overseeing the Korean market for the earnings cycle, the IPO process and all the way to the quarterly reporting process from preliminary results to audited full financial results, providing performance and surprise analysis, for robust company and peer analysis.
In this role, you will identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes. They use these skills, as well industry knowledge and content specialization to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key players in the financial market.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, and maintain high-quality financial data using internal systems and proprietary company software
- Provide timely and in-depth customer support for users of the Bloomberg Terminal and our associated Enterprise Products
- Monitor financial market developments to build industry knowledge and data analytical capabilities that generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Contribute by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements.
- Partner with a wide variety of teams ranging from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Korean and English
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, or a related degree or equivalent experience; a Masters degree is a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- A passion for data and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
- Previous work experience using the Bloomberg Terminal or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.