Energy Analyst - Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Tokyo
Posted Mar 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 66198
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analysis team. You're one of those people who have a passion for energy and transport markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an extraordinary ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Tokyo office as part of the Tokyo analyst team, for Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of authorities, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce quantitative and qualitative research on the economics of different power generation technologies and new business models in Japan
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interests to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the changing landscape of Japan’s energy and transport market
- Engage with clients and industry figures every single day
- Contribute to the development of the business
- Present at conferences and events
You’ll need to be able to:
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Communicate to a high level in Japanese and English (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practised quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Juggle multiple parallel tasks, be highly organised and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate in global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You’ll need to have:
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Communication skills in Japanese: reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
We’d love to see:
- 1-3 years of experience as an analyst within the energy industry, investment banking or management consulting ?
- Knowledge of the economics of renewable energy, natural gas/LNG, energy storage markets, advanced transport and new technologies
- Other Asian language (Korean)
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.