Global Data - Market Data Analyst - Seoul
Posted Oct 18, 2017 - Requisition No. 59980
Bloomberg runs on Data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And Isolate collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Help develop and implement methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes
- Work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to assemble, organize and analyze data
- Develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in collaboration with other data analysts/engineers and as individually lead projects
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in all majors. Prefer Computer Science, Financial Engineering or any relevant disciplines
- Minimal of 3 years of relevant work experience in Programming, Data Visualization, Data Extraction, Database management, Data Science or data modeling
- Strong language proficiency in English and Korean
- Great interest in data science, statistics, big data, data visualization, etc.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.