Government Reporter - Seoul
Posted Feb 19, 2020 - Requisition No. 81392
What's the role:
We are seeking an experienced political reporter to join our government news team in Seoul. You will be at the center of one of the hottest stories in Asia, covering events on the Korean peninsula as North Korean leader Kim Jong Un seeks to become a legitimate nuclear state in the face of sanctions, threats and occasional talks with the U.S.
As well as regional geopolitics, you will shape our coverage of South Korean politics, including the domestic policy priorities and challenges for President Moon Jae-in.
You are an experienced Korean-speaking reporter who loves digging up scoops and explaining complex issues to a global audience. You are a great collaborator who works well with reporters, editors and managers in other countries and time zones. You work well under pressure, with multiple things happening at once. You are curious, passionate and strive for excellence. You are comfortable appearing on TV and radio and ready to work with social media and digital editors.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover South Korea and North Korea from both a domestic and foreign policy perspective
- Monitor and explain developments from North Korea, working closely with reporters in China, Japan and the U.S.
- Break news on policy discussions and decisions in the South Korean government
- Collaborate with other reporters in Seoul from teams including economy and tech
- Propose and deliver memorable enterprise stories that help explain events in South Korea and North Korea
We'd love to see:
- Written and spoken fluency in both Korean and English
- Knowledge of financial markets and the ability to understand the market impact of news developments. Experience of reporting on Korean government is a plus.
- An expertise in modern forms of storytelling like social media, data visualization and video journalism
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.