Korea Bureau Editor - Seoul
Posted Jan 11, 2024 - Requisition No. 122548
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for a Seoul Bureau Editor to deliver clear copy on breaking news and enterprise stories from Korea across different topics. You're a journalist who makes quick and thoughtful decisions to turn around both long and short pieces under time pressure. You will also be expected to help mentor and guide reporters in the bureau to develop new ways to gain the reader’s imagination.
We'll trust you to:
- Turn out quick, informative pieces and then follow up with bigger-picture takes
- Build influential relationships across the newsroom to ensure our coverage captures the context of local developments and resonates globally and across all platforms
- Work with reporters to develop ideas, while bringing your own perspective to add depth and value
- Innovate with story formats while promoting diversity of thought and representation throughout our coverage
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in business journalism
- Editing experience in a real-time newsroom environment, ideally across multiple subject areas.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English, understanding of the Korean language would be a plus
- Attention to detail and a big-picture outlook
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.