You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into truly actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a real interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial world.
Within Global Data, the Private Equity team plays a key role in maintaining and expanding our data coverage and analysis of the global private equity markets. We’re looking for someone to help take this to the next level.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process private equity data using various internal systems and proprietary company software- improving and expanding our coverage in the process
- Build and maintain relationships with private equity firms across Asia.
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?:
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of our Private Equity product, internal systems, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance (MBA and CFA an advantage)
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in M&A, private equity, venture capital markets
- 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Business fluency in Japanese and English
- Knowledge of Bloomberg or other equity data providers and publications
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with research and analysis skills
- Strong project management skills
- Initiative to roll up your sleeves and contribute data on the terminal, not afraid of grunt work
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, initiative, and professional maturity; deals with complex concepts & gray areas comfortably
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.