Market Data Analyst - Supply Chain
Posted Jul 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 68052
The Global Data department is looking for a highly motivated technology sector analyst to join the Supply Chain product team. This team is responsible for researching and analyzing the business relationships of over 23,000 companies globally. The Supply Chain dataset is integrated into a dynamic Bloomberg Terminal function (SPLC
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Supply Chain analysts leverage their industry expertise and research skills to analyze and monitor a portfolio of sector-focused companies, determine the nature of customer/supplier relationships and generate proprietary Bloomberg estimates for publication on the Bloomberg. You must be fluent in the nature of business relationships across the information technology sector, with an ability to help oversee the research process for a team of technology sector supply chain analysts, and participate in the ongoing development of the Supply Chain product.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain, process and analyse supply chain data for publication on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Build up an in-depth knowledge of the Supply Chain product, truly understanding how it relates to Bloomberg, the financial markets and our customers
- Engage with clients and market players such as analysts, portfolio managers and corporate supply chain procurement teams
- Work closely with internal departments such as Bloomberg News and Bloomberg Intelligence
- Use your creativity and technical knowledge to come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in business-critical projects, and represent the APAC region in collaboration with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
You'll need to have:
- 2 to 5 years investment research experience, with a focus on the technology sector
- Extensive knowledge of financial statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, ideally with some professional experience using Python and/or SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related subject- Excellent writing and presentations skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Business fluency in Korean and English
We'd love to see:
- Supply chain research experience
- CFA qualification
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.