Sanctions Data Specialist – Japanese speaker - Seoul
Posted Aug 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 107972
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Sanction team is responsible for identifying entity level sanction data for 6 million public and private companies. Our data sets include providing sanction data for 10 global jurisdictions, corporate structure, classification, identifier, business card and descriptive data. Sanction data is utilized both on and off the Bloomberg terminal so we frequently work with sales and conduct calls to provide clients background on how we acquire, validate, maintain and provide quality assurance for our data sets.
You will be responsible for adding and maintaining records in the entity database and proactively monitoring the evolving regulatory environment for explicitly and implicitly sanctioned entities. This includes the sanctions for multiple jurisdictions, LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) and corporate structure. You will work with clients, utilizing new technology to improve our data quality and reduce our time to market.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high-quality sanction data for the Bloomberg Terminal and become a true subject matter expert in this field and to monitor and process jurisdictional sanction posting
- Prioritise and manage sanction risk assessments to create, implement and test internal sanction controls and to research corporate hierarchy and corporate actions documentation
- Act as the main point of contact to our clients on any queries regarding sanction data and product functionality and be the escalation point on any data discrepancies
- Establish a center of excellence to provide training and upskilling initiatives for the internal stakeholder alongside creating and maintaining governance documentation
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
- Liaise with various internal teams such as Product Managers and Sales to enhance the product in APAC region
You’ll need to have:
- Business proficiency or above in Japanese language as your primary coverage will be Japanese content
- 1-3 years of recent market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Proficiency in Python or Microsoft Excel or VBA
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Demonstrated analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English
We’d love to see:
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) entity sanctions experience (Jurisdictional Certification(s) is a plus)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) entity sanctions experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.