At Bloomberg we pride ourselves in providing some of the most advanced financial technology in the industry. At our core we are a data and technology company and are passionate about moving the industry forward through cutting edge software and services. Our ever expanding array of technology, data, news and media services empowers our clients and fosters innovation while offering us bountiful opportunities for career growth.
What’s in it for you?
In our Technical Support team, you will have the responsibility to implement and support our core product, The Bloomberg Professional Service. We do this by coordinating with internal departments, monitoring the operation of telecommunication networks and backend systems to ensure proper utilization of lines, installing and troubleshooting Bloomberg provided hardware and software. We communicate with our clients through calls, instant messages, tickets, and onsite, utilizing real-time system monitoring tools to proactively action any problems we identify. Through all these methods we resolve client issues and proactively take action to maintain a high standard of system service.
Operating in a fast-paced and diverse environment, you will be quick and thoughtful in your quest to troubleshoot technical cases, from software/hardware to connectivity and network troubleshooting.
We’ll trust you to:
- Troubleshoot issues with our software and API add-ins for Microsoft Office
- Diagnose and resolve connectivity problems for clients connecting via Internet or our own private network using our routers and leased lines
- Identify and fix problems with our core software products and escalate bugs to our developers to resolve
- Troubleshoot problems with our hardware, such as the Bloomberg Keyboard and biometric authentication devices (B-Unit)
- Support, develop, and innovate our service offering
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service focus whilst dealing with clients
- Ensure all team members have the latest information on all ongoing issues by sharing knowledge and updates
- Gain an understanding of our systems and contribute to their continual innovation and improvement through idea generation
You’ll need to have:
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure, including Windows OS, PC hardware and software, network protocols and design, Internet connectivity, and general network routing
- At least 2 years of experience working in a technical role
- Prior experience delivering customer support or client relationship management
- An aptitude in multitasking
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge in mobile devices and Mac OS is a plus
We would love to see:
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring networks and PC/application connectivity
- Experience troubleshooting Windows OS issues
- Experience troubleshooting Software and applications
- Experience with PC hardware and peripherals
- Knowledge of the network stack such as routers, switches, firewall, and LAN/WAN technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service
- Information & Communication Engineer License certified by South Korea Government
You need to be able to:
- Start full time work in 2017
- Read, write and speak English and Korean at a business fluency level
If this sounds like you:
If you are passionate about technology, delivering quality service and eager to learn, then apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.