2023 Bloomberg Academy - Shanghai
Posted May 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 116470
Bloomberg Academy in Shanghai is an outstanding 5 day personal and professional development program for high potential students who are graduating from all studies between November 2024 and October 2025, and who are particularly interested in a career in Bloomberg and the financial markets. This is an amazing opportunity to learn all about our company, our unique culture and the different departments and opportunities!
Bloomberg is the market leader in providing high-quality data, news and analytics to professionals in business, finance and government. With more than 21,000 employees in 159 locations around the world we are a truly global organization entering new markets, launching ventures and pushing boundaries. The transparency Bloomberg brings to the financial markets is integral to our culture, our offices and our interactions with one another.
What’s in it for you?
- Introduction to Bloomberg & our Early Careers Departments (Analytics & Sales / Data)
- Network, job shadow, and learn about a Day in the Life of our business representatives from Analytics & Sales Department and Data Department
- Interactive training on our very own Bloomberg Terminal
- Introduction to Financial markets incorporating the Bloomberg Terminal
- Introduction to the power of Bloomberg Data
- Introduction to Bloomberg Philanthropies and Volunteering work
- Practical workshops on interview skills, including mock interviews with Bloomberg interviewers
- Develop public speaking skills and learn how to enhance your personal brand
- Develop presentation skills
- Access to Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) a 10-hour self-paced course that provides a visual introduction to the financial markets: Economics, Currencies, Fixed Income and Equities — woven together from Bloomberg data, news, analytics and television
- Get an overview of our summer internship and graduate programs and the respective application process
All attendees are guaranteed a future interview for a summer intern position in mainland China for 2024.
Dates: August 21-25, 2023
Venue: Bloomberg Shanghai Office
You will need to be available to join us in-person for the full duration of the program to be considered. Domestic travel expenses and accommodation in Shanghai will be covered by Bloomberg (if required).
You’ll need to have:
- Graduating from all studies between November 2024 and October 2025
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets along with the aspiration for a future career in Bloomberg
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with peers and stakeholders
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin (Written and Verbal)
- Legal authorization to work full-time in mainland China and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- All degree disciplines are welcome to apply. Our aim is to have a diverse intake of candidates.
We’d love to see:
- Interest or aspiration for a future career in a client facing/customer service/sales role OR in a data management, data processing, data interpretation and data analysis role
- CV Screening
- Pre-Recorded Video Interview
Applications must be made online by July 7, 2023 and early applications are strongly encouraged!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.