Bloomberg Research Chinese Translator/Editor - based in Beijing (12 Month Contract)
Posted Jun 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 91560
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Economics (BE), Bloomberg Intelligence (BI), and BloombergNEF (BNEF) take that data and create research and analysis which drives financial markets and corporate strategy. Our teams of experts generate valuable written analysis, industry data, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading, investment and industry professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they might be heading next.
Bloomberg Economics covers the worlds major economies, producing market-focussed research on key data releases, policy decisions, and important themes from the trade war to the Covid crisis. Bloomberg Intelligence research delivers an independent perspective providing interactive data and research on 2000+ companies across 135+ industries and 21 markets. BloombergNEF is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy.
BE, BI and BNEF are looking Chinese translators/editors to join our team in Beijing. We’re looking for dynamic individuals who thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. You’ll be responsible for the translation and editing of short and long form research pieces produced by BE, BI and BNEF analysts globally. We need your help to expand our research content to a growing market of Chinese speakers.
We'll trust you to have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial institutions, newsrooms, or other research organizations
- Translating/Editing experiences in global investment research or similar strategic research firms
- Knowledge of international financial markets, economics, energy or commodities
- Strong English to Chinese (Mandarin) translation skills
- Ability to learn and use various tools to perform translation and publishing tasks
- Strong organization skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- An independent working style but also collaborative in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in editing research written in Chinese, especially some previous experience in an editorial role (newspaper, online magazine, research firm, etc.)
- Experience in using translation tools
- Relevant experience in a business news service
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Professional service
- Interest in energy, technology, finance, or economics
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.