China Agriculture Reporter, based in Beijing or Shanghai
Posted Jun 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 91113
We're seeking an experienced reporter to cover food and agriculture in China. Based in Beijing or Shanghai, this person will be at the heart of one of the most dynamic markets in the world and work on a wide range of stories including the challenges of feeding a growing population, climate change, government regulations and the future of food.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong understanding of the political, socioeconomic and environment issues that shape China's agriculture industry. He or she must also have a proven track record of developing sources, breaking news and writing broad enterprise stories that convey local stories to a global audience.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and exclusive news based on reliable sourcing
- Generate intriguing analysis and story ideas
- Collaborate with colleagues across the global commodities team and newsroom
- Use a variety of platforms including the terminal, web, TV, radio and magazines
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Reporting experience, preferably in agriculture or commodities
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.