Chinese Equities Reporter - Shanghai
Posted Feb 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 64970
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, and covering equity markets developments is core to our DNA. Our mission is to deliver breaking news and timely analysis about the global economy and financial markets, by leveraging the analytical power of the terminal as well as deep relationships with key participants in our markets.
You will join our Chinese-language equity team in Shanghai or Beijing to cover key trends and developments in the world's second-biggest stock market. You will be passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while also demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's China and global audience. You will be working closely with your counterparts across the newsroom, therefore the ability to communicate in English will be an asset.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and get right to the heart of the biggest stories
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Build sources at regulators, exchanges, brokerages, and investors in order to deliver scoops
- Produce agenda-setting stories about important trends in China's equity market
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate closely with the team and bureau colleagues
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive network of contacts with regulators, exchanges, brokerages, and the investment community in China
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move these assets
- Strong work ethic, phenomenal teammate, ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Strong attention to details
- English skills for daily work communications and discussions
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.