Chinese Language Credit Reporter - Shanghai
Posted Jul 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 92008
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced credit-market reporter for its Chinese-language news service. Based in Beijing or Shanghai, you will join a team that tracks corporate bond issuance, secondary-market trading and distressed-debt situations at a crucial moment in the development of China's corporate finance sector.
The role involves cultivating sources and digging into financial data to break news -- and using your story-telling skills to help Bloomberg users navigate the complexities of Chinese credit markets. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of China's rapidly changing financial markets and be a natural collaborator, able to work closely with teammates, editors and English-language colleagues.
We'll count on you to:
- Closely track market conditions and exercise solid news judgement in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Build sources at bond issuers, underwriters, investment managers and rating agencies in order to deliver scoops, especially on distressed firms, restructuring plans and regulatory changes
- Write with authority and insight about risks and opportunities in China's credit markets
- Communicate and collaborate across bureaus and teams
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluency in Chinese plus the ability to communicate in English
- Keen attention to detail
- A solid understanding of Chinese markets and outstanding story-telling skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.