Chinese-Language Breaking News Editor
Posted Jan 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 81072
You're a news junkie who loves breaking news. You embrace challenge, can make split-second decisions, work well with others and thrive in a real-time environment. You also understand the needs of investors and can write clearly and quickly in Chinese. Our team is lightning fast, innovative and uses our collective experience to anticipate where and how news will break next. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our Breaking News team as a Chinese-language editor based in Shanghai or Beijing.
We'll trust you to:
- Unearth news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
- Recognize news that is significant to the markets
- Write headlines and first dispatches of market-moving news in Chinese
- Be able to convey the "why" in addition to the "what" in your copy
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
- Utilize machine-learning tools to ensure Bloomberg remains on the cusp of breaking news
- Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of global markets, economics, finance and politics
- Ability to write and edit in Chinese under deadline pressure
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese and English
- A knowledge of social media and appreciation of how news breaks on various platforms
We'd love to see:
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.