Commodities & Energy – Market Data Analyst (Shanghai)
Posted Aug 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 69627
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. You are someone with an interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Commodities and Energy team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. As a team within Global Data we're responsible for enhancing and reporting commodities and energy related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will expand your ability to manage data, improve your research skills and bolster your financial knowledge.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and deliver accurate, high quality data for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Build relationships with key data sources across the APAC region, especially in Greater China region
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg NEF and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases and contribute to the future development of the product
- Participate in time-sensitive projects specific to commodity and energy market datasets and work collaboratively with colleagues globally
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of commodity and energy data, the BNEF product, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience in the current, exciting area of renewable energy- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Native in Mandarin and business fluency in English
- Positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Prior experience in data research and management
- Prior experience in managing projects
We'd love you to have:
- Programming-related knowledge and experience (Python, VBA, HTML, Java, R)
- A good knowledge of the commodity and energy industry, and a keen interest in the drivers behind energy and financial markets
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in Japanese is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.