Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content Acquisition and Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating contributed pricing across all OTC asset classes, to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream data products. The department is comprised of several teams focusing on different aspects to the business: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We are searching for highly motivated and enterprising individuals to join the Pricing team as a Project Manager, working out of Bloomberg’s Shanghai office. In this role you will work with various internal stakeholders, as well as financial institutions across Asia Pacific to manage the design, building and troubleshooting of site-to-site technology that links data providers to Bloomberg. In order to do this you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a thorough understanding of the technology they use, and ultimately offer outstanding support to them.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and support a client base of existing data contributors; helping them to maintain and expand their contributed content on Bloomberg
- On-board and build relationships with new data contributors
- Work closely with our Content Specialists and Terminal Sales teams to understand local markets, and implement projects which help Bloomberg develop in these areas
- Troubleshoot a variety of issues via the iconic Bloomberg helpdesk, on the phone and in person, while providing platinum support to data contributors and consumers
- Find technical solutions to help automate our clients’ workflows and make our internal processes more efficient
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities to work closely with key players in the financial industry, including traders and market data managers
- Work with a global team of motivated data analysts and technical specialists
- Partner with business managers and our Engineering teams to enhance our products and exceed our customers' expectations
- Autonomy to develop your own ideas and strategies for the Chinese market
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression in our global organization
You’ll need to have:
- Keen interest in the financial markets (although past experience is not required)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of technical and operational infrastructure
- Interest in technical troubleshooting and project implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel Skills to work with large amounts of data and support clients on a proprietary publishing app.
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Business-level fluency in English and Mandarin
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.