Credit Editor - Beijing
Posted Dec 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 72395
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
We are looking for an editor to work to produce fast and accurate English-language coverage of the Chinese credit market. You will be able to monitor the market, particularly stressed and distressed debt, and help break news, develop stories and deliver agenda-setting coverage that demonstrate insight and context.
We'll trust you to:
- Craft both short and long-form content that tells the story of China's credit market, particularly stressed and distressed companies and debt
- Recognize and commission stories by tapping your knowledge and network in markets, as well as Bloomberg's own rich data and analysis
- Edit and write copy for accuracy, insight, and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including graphics
- Guide and support reporters on sourcing, interviewing and writing
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the bureau and across the region
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, as well as fluency in Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.