Enterprise Sales - Index Sales Relationship Manager - Mainland China
Posted Sep 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 93865
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfill their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, “smart” beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. Bloomberg Indices are driven by the same trusted quality reference data, pricing and analytical calculations that integrate seamlessly to our customers investment ecosystem.
What’s the role?
You’ll be joining a highly experienced, motivated and fast-growing Index Relationship Management team in Asia Pacific that sits within Global Financial Product Sales. We are looking for an experienced sales professional to expand our presence within Mainland China. Your overall responsibility includes working closely with the company’s management team to develop Business Strategy, Strategic Client Partnerships, and Product that will contribute to the expansion of Bloomberg’s Asia Pacific Index franchise.
With a dedicated focus on the Mainland China market, you will represent Bloomberg’s suite of Index Products & Solutions within these markets, focusing on developing and executing business strategies that deepen revenue streams and client partnerships across the Asset Owner, Asset Management and Investment Banking community.
You will be a key driver in articulating our value proposition & the strategic vision throughout the organization. You will also be a key contributor in identifying our customer’s product vision and translating commercial opportunities to Product development teams.
As a newly dedicated sales division within Asia, your entrepreneurial mindset will be especially valuable as you collaborate with Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Support, and Global Sales Teams to scale and shape the index industry. You will need to have passion and knowledge of the institutional industry, keep pace with Index trends, local regulation and what our customers need.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities & strategic client partnerships that will enable Bloomberg to play a major role in benchmark provision in the region
- Drive annual sales and revenue targets across the Index solutions product suite
- Balance engagements across the sales lifecycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
- Build & maintain various levels of stakeholders including C-level executives to be a trusted Index provider in the market
- Lead Enterprise sales engagements meaningfully from beginning through end demonstrating expertise in Index workflows, market trends and methodologies
- Meaningfully articulate our value proposition and strategic vision to our customers and Internal partners by taking a leading role in Index client pitches and knowledge sessions throughout our organization
- Produce clear, concise proposals with an appropriate level of detail that identifies client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions, and commercials
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships across Core & the Enterprise Financial Products business to scale new business opportunities
- Provide meaningful Client feedback to Internal Product Management to continually evolve our product offering
- Travel regularly to meet with clients and prospects
You’ll need to have:
- An astute commercial mind-set, proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- 5+ years of experience selling Enterprise Solutions to Institutional clients
- Broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, and key client segments
- Solid experience working in, or selling to the buy-side and/or sell-side i.e. pension funds, investment advisors, Investment Banking or alternatively, experience in financial engineering/structuring
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations
- Aptitude to excel in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Ability to creatively market our product to a vast demographic of potential clients, comfortable with expressing researched views to senior management
- A self-starter and dedicated collaborator with strong multi-tasking skills
- Willingness for regular business travel once possible
- Language: English & Mandarin (required)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.